Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Poem for Jan - Take 2

Jan read the poem I wrote, then removed from the blog, and she said it was OK to post it after all. She only dislikes it when I "exaggerate her qualities" (like I could). Anyway, for those of you who care, here is the poem I wrote for her:

Dear Jan,
Soon we celebrate our 36th year together.
In that time I have come to know,
Far better than I knew,
Just what love really is.
Sometimes I wish I could meet you,
Fall in love with you,
And marry you all over again.

And yet, in a very real sense,
I meet you anew
Every day,
I fall in love with you again
Every day,
And I renew my marriage vows with you
Every day.

Our lives have become a kind of dance –
My movements are meaningless,
Even comical,
Unless I know that you are moving with me;
And I try my best to complement the moves you make.

Thank you for making my life beautiful,
Meaningful,
Joyous, and
Whole.
You are my life, my heart, my love forever.

5 comments:

The Crider Clan said...

That was so beautiful!

Emily Morgan said...

Thanks for posting this Mom and Dad. I think it's wonderful that you are still truly in love after all these years!

Andrea said...

That was a very good poem Dad. Thanks for posting it, and thank you Mom for letting him post it. I am glad I have such a wonderful example of true love and devotion to each other, and what a marriage should be. Love you guys!

brxb said...

Very sweet and intimate. Thanks for sharing!

brxb said...

Very sweet and intimate. Thanks for sharing!