Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hope and Change for the Better

Back in the days of the Soviet Union, there were two state-run newspapers (unlike the USA today), named "Tass" (the News) and "Pravda" (the Truth).

The common wisdom shared among the Soviet people was "There is no truth in the News, and no news in the Truth."

I am beginning to realize just what they felt. When I see headlines in the Republic like, "White House Warns of Global Environmental Catastrophe Unless Pollutants are Cleaned Up" I am aware that if I bother to read that article, I will just be getting spin - no analysis or attempt at truth. I am not alone in these feelings. As you look all over the country, major newspapers are meeting their demise as people, no longer trusting them to deliver the truth, stop buying the papers. And as you see politicians in Washington trying to give papers bailout money to keep them afloat, you might ask yourself, "Why would politicians want the newspapers to survive?"

Sorry, I know I promised no more political stuff on my blog, but sometimes I have to say something, or my sorrow over the demise of this country just gets too much to bear. We are watching the systematic dismantling of everything that made this country great by the very people who swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and us. So I am sad. I have been in mourning since November, and nothing I see on the news helps alleviate the sorrow.

But there is a bright note. We have known this was coming for a very long time, and we know what happens on the other end. So the worse things get, the closer He is to coming and saving us again. I know that God's hand will be seen in miraculous ways in the preservation of this country. So fasten your seatbelts, everyone. It is going to be a bumpy ride before it gets smooth and we get our God-given freedom back.

1 comment:

Cynthia Gibbons said...

dad,
I know how you feel. May I offer something that has helped me. There is a talk called "Terror, Triumph and the wedding feast" I heard it given at a CES fireside. I don't know if you remember, but I told you about it and then you emailed it to me. It has given me lots of comfort over the last year or so. I highly recomend it. I love you Dad! Hang in there. As Chris likes to remind me this is the time that we have been waiting for, let the last days begin. We just have to make sure we are one of the wise who are ready.