Thursday, May 22, 2008

Danged Global Warming (again)!

Three nights ago, we slept with our windows open all night, with only a sheet over us for comfort. Our high Tuesday was 89°! Yesterday, the wind blew so hard, I thought we were all moving to Holbrook. As I write this, it is snowing hard. They are saying we could get 6"-12" tonight, and up to two feet at Sunrise. Of course, tonight is graduation for BRHS. This global warming is so unpredictable.

I am smack dab in the middle of budget season. Usually, budget preparation is like nailing Jell-O to a tree. This year, it is like nailing Jello-O to a moving tree. I calculated the total gallons of fuel we used last year, and figured $4 per gallon for my budget. Now it looks like that will be way too conservative. Crazy thing is, for every dollar the price of gas increases, my budget has to change by $28,000! I saw a cartoon yesterday of an accountant working on a difficult problem exclaiming, "Hey, I know! I'll just add another zero!" If only it were that easy.

This Sunday, Jan and I celebrate 35 years of wedded bliss together. I can honestly say that 35 years ago, I had no idea what love really was, or how deep and profound it can be. We are both the worse for wear, but more committed than ever to each other's happiness. We are planning on going the distance together. Marriage is no cakewalk - there is a lot of compromise along the way; lots of sacrifice - but it is the only way to go. I love her with all my soul. Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I know what you are talking about with the unpredictable weather. One day it's hot and the next it's snowing! Here too.