Monday, October 6, 2008

RANDOM THINGS ABOUT MOM

I don't usually fill these out because I have a hard time thinking of anything random about me that you all don't already know. Oh well, Andrea tagged me and so I'll give it a try. By the way, I typed this all myself with no help from Kent!

1. My favorite movie all the time I was growing up was "Pollyanna." I loved that she went around her town trying to make everyone feel glad-even the major grouches. Then everyone in town loved her in return. I wanted to be just like her but that ended up being mostly in my dreams.

2. I love music but I can't listen to music and concentrate on anything else. Like right now Dad is playing the piano in the living room and I'm trying to type this silly thing and can't think at all. Music totally distracts me. I must have undiagnosed ADD.

3. I've always wanted to learn to scuba dive. Even when I was a kid I would swim around under water and see how long I could hold my breath pretending to be a mermaid. Boy! I wish I could swim under water now. When I've tried lately, my bouyant body will not let me stay under for more than ten seconds at a time.

4. I love getting cards that people write in. I have two boxes under my bed stuffed full of cards. So when I tell you that what you write in the cards you send to me is the best present, I really mean it.

5. My favorite cereal is Nabisco Shredded Wheat (lg biscuit) with green grapes. I also like Wheaties with fresh peaches, Cornflakes with bananas and Cheerios with strawberries. I just have to have those cereals with those fruits or I'm not happy.

6. I'm super analytical. I'm really good at games where I can take my time and think about each move to make such as: Mastermind and Scrabble. I'm not so good at games where you have to think and move really fast like: Nertz or Boggle. I think I drive people crazy when they play games with me, but I have improved in sportsmanship since getting older.

7. My favorite kind of movies are the really quirky, funny ones like "Waking Ned Divine","A Pyromaniacs Love Story" and "So I Married an Ax Murderer". I even like "Napoleon Dynamite". I hate, hate, hate scary movies. My big brother and I use to watch scary movies on Saturday afternoons after which he would chase me around the house pretending to be a monster. Then that same night I would have awful nightmares.

6 comments:

The Crider Clan said...

Good Job mom! I enjoyed reading your random 7! And might I say...I must have gotten my randomness from dad, because you still have yours...oh wait, so does dad! hmmm...a mystery!

Love you!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Sister Brooksby,
It's Coco.. well I guess it could be Coco and Kyle, but he never gets on anything to do with blogs.
ANYWAYS, I found your blog through Andrea's. Just thought I would say HI.

Oh and I have the same problem with music, I cant hear or think of anything else when I hear it. So don't feel too bad.

Francie said...

HI Jan...
just wanted to say that "So I Married an Ax Murderer" is one of our all time favs too!

Andrea said...

Hi Mom! I'm so proud of you! You are amazing! You typed that all by yourself...you've come a long way since you started school! I loved your 7 random things. They were great! Well, I love you! I will talk to you later! Bye!

Cynthia Gibbons said...

Mmmmm...Shredded wheat with green grapes, cornflakes with bananas..... I must have gotten that from you mom. Those are my favorites too. Love you tons!
Cynthia

Geoff and Emily said...

Those are pretty funny thinhgs.... I bet with how analytical you are it took you a long time to come up with the 7 things. Sure love you!