Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tagged! (revised)

I got tagged by Andrea (thanks a LOT!)so now I have to write 7 random things about myself. Here goes (man, I hate these things):

1. I am a co-holder of the AZ state record for TP'ing houses. One night in my Senior year at Westwood High, my friends and I TP'd 45 houses in ONE NIGHT! We selected houses at random all over Mesa, and left little signs that said, "Congratulations. You have been TP'd by the Four-Eyed Gang" (that was the name of our nerd group).

2. I have always secretly wished that I had been a band teacher. Just the thought of all those beginning clarinet and saxophone players!

3. If I could only listen to one kind of music for the rest of my life, I would choose - no, I couldn't choose one. I would rather listen to no music than only one kind. Well, maybe sacred choral music. Or perhaps smooth jazz. Or Chicago. Or if I could listen to Jan sing, that would definitely do!

4. I still think "Take the Money and Run" is one of the funniest movies ever made. I'll bet I have seen it 20 times, and it still makes me laugh. My favorite TV show as a kid was Adventures in Paradise. Now my favorite show is Jeopardy.

5. I used to feel like a real failure as a missionary, but my brother told me to get over it, and pronounced me happy. So now I no longer feel like a failure.

6. I really have missed my grandparents as an adult, especially my grandfathers. I felt so close to Grandpa Hamblin, and I felt cheated when he died while I was on my mission. I don't know if he ever knew how much he meant to me.

7. Heaven to me would be being locked in a room with all my grandkids for a week!

I tag whoever had the guts to read all the way through this rambling. Man, I hate these things! I also hate those emails that ask your favorite color, what you are wearing, the last time you cried, etc, etc, ad nauseum. There - I got it off my chest, and I feel so much better.

5 comments:

G-ma N G-pa Brxb said...

Kent I wish you would quit calling your self a nerd. You werem't any different than all high school kids. Also you weren't a failure as a missionary. Germany was hard. I love you just the way you are. Love MOM

The Crider Clan said...

Dad,
You are hilarious! It would be heaven for me if I could lock my kids in a room with you for a week too! I think it would be heaven for them too! They love you and so do I!

Melissa

brxb said...

It's time to stop feeling remorse about your mission. I think you have learned from it, and besides, you use what you learned to bless others. In that light, your mission is a success. The Germans of 1969 aren't there anymore, and neither are you! Burn yourself in effigy or something and BE DONE WITH IT! I now pronounce you happy.

Geoff and Emily said...

Dad, I planned what I was going to write here, and then read your other comments, and Melissa beat me to it... almost word for word! You crack me up! I also say "amen" to Grandma and Craigs' comments. Enjoy your conference weekend! Love you!

Andrea said...

Sorry I tagged you Dad! I hate these things too, but somehow or other I always end up doing them! Love ya! Oh yeah...and "Amen" to all the above comments.