Tuesday, June 10, 2008

All I Want for my Birthday...

I was speaking Sunday night with my dad, and he asked me to follow my brother Craig's idea of posting a birthday "wish list" on the computer so people would know what I want for my birthday. Not really wanting anything, I thought to myself how funny it would be to simply say I wanted World Peace (or was it Whirled Peas?). I was imagining that when Dad said, "And don't put anything stupid on your blog like "World Peace" either!" I guess after 57 years, a father knows his son.

Most of what I would really like for my birthday is way too expensive. I would like a tuba. I would like a big case of .45 caliber bullets so I would have a good excuse to buy a .45 caliber pistol. I would like a set of bagpipes. You know me - always the practical guy.

On a realistic note, I would like a nice dress watch. Nothing too beefy because I have these danged thin, feminine wrists. But something nicer than a Timex that would look dressy would be nice. I would like some of the sunglasses that completely cover my glasses and wrap around the sides so I don't get glare from above. I would like CDs of great music like Andy McKee or Rachmaninoff. I always enjoy good music. I would like a good "grandpa" book like "The Dangerous Book for Boys" or "Nick of Time." I would like a new set of scriptures (not a quad). I would love someone to say, "I will come up to the White Mountains and go fishing with you." Yes, after all these years, I have come to realize that my parents are right - it's TIME that you want, not THINGS.

No comments: